Saturday, December 22, 2007

Are We There Yet?

Well I bought myself a car today finally. It's a 2001 Saturn SC1 3 door coupe. The 3rd door is the kewlest little suicide door on the driver's side. It's fire engine red. Not a color I would normally choose but it makes it kinda look like a mini-Corvette. (Hey, I can pretend!)

Unfortunately my search for a car has not ended completely. Bff needs one as well since within a week of my car being obliterated, he sold the F-150.

Craigslist is totally the place to look for a used car at a good price. Screw dealers and auto-trader magazines. Craigslist is where it's at. And there's so many people selling cars that it creates some good competition and as a result.. low prices.

As much as I hate handing over giant wads of cash to strangers, it certainly feels good to have my own car again. The rental, a 2007 Dodge Charger, turned out to be RWD. Needless to say, it wasn't very useful in the past weeks' snow storms. In fact, I found myself wanting to abandon it in the middle of the road quite a few times.

Well, I told myself months ago that I wouldn't be x-mas shopping at the last minute,... that I'd get it done nice and early. Yeah, I didn't. Tomorrow I'll be beginning and completing my shopping. ;-)

I am anxious for the holiday to be over so I can relax. Today was uber stressful. Between the 2 hour round trip drive to the south shore and back, in traffic with the absolute best drivers that Boston has to offer (and by "best" I mean the most rude, obnoxious, oblivious and brain dead drivers) and some pretty bad news on the homefront, I almost lost it completely.

But I was able to FINALLY get home and eat some scallion pancakes and garlic noodles, watch my Netflix rental and drink some hot chocolate just in the nick of time.

You know,... before I crushed someone's neck with my bare hands...

1 comment:

King_Rat said...

I used to have a Saturn 4-door. It was a standard transmission, and my first vehicle. I miss that little darling. I did everything in my power to kill her (on accident), including staying dirt-poor for a year, and therefore not changing the oil for almost 12 months. She never would die. Saturns are mostly invincible. Hope you enjoy it!